Friday 28 October 2011

BB Creams

I have never really been a fan foundations. I find them very heavy and thick, and regardless of which brand I generally they always bring out in spots, so I use a tinted moisturiser.
Then I discovered BB Creams.

BB Creams, or blemish Balm as they are also known, provide a foundation like, natural coverage that doesn't block pores whilst concealing pigmentation's, discolouration and redness. BB Creams can be worn alone or as a base for further products. Worn alone they give a natural, dewy, barely there look. Whilst when worn with other products they provide a bright, primer like base that holds powders and foundations for hours without slipping.

Originating in Germany in the last 50ies, primarily for patients which has undergone chemical face peel to soothe and protect skin, as well as reduce redness, it was quickly picked up by the South Korean beauty industry. Widely used by the South Korean actresses to enhance their naturally flawless skin it wasn't until Song Hye-Kyo (pictured below) revealed the 'secret' to South Korean's natural beauty that people started to take notice.



At present BB cream sales make up 13% of the South Korean mass market for beauty products.

I have started using Garniers Miracle Skin Protector Daily All-in-One BB Cream (and breath, longest title ever?!?). Garnier claim that the 'sensation of the light texture will melt in to my skin, that the formula with mineral pigments will give me a 'perfect' skin look, resulting in sheer coverage, blurred imperfections, illuminated skin and softer looking lines. And as miracles go, it does exactly what it says on the bottle!

I suffer mild bouts of acne (I'm 26!!!) and as a result have some discolouration and pigmentation on my chin and it conceals it wonderfully. I also seem to be getting fewer and fewer break outs since i started using it. It feels lighter than any foundation or tinted moisturiser that I have ever used and stays in place all day. It matches my skin tone, so gives that 'no make-up' natural look whilst at the same time brightening my skin! (the picture isn't great i know, but shows the natural effect the Garnier BB cream gives.)


Garnier is one of the cheaper BB creams available at the moment, retailing at £9.99. Once this tube is finished I am going to try the Mac Prep + Prime BB cream.

I think BB creams are now my new best friend!



1 comment :

  1. Thank you for this post, I never wear makeup mainly because it makes my skin break out and I hate how it feels, even tinted moisturisers are bad for me, but this gives me some hope, I am going to get some and give it a try.

    I will let you know if it is as good for me. xx

    ReplyDelete